GMO Corn. What do you know about it?

Home Forums GMO Talk GMO Corn. What do you know about it?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Doublehead
    Keymaster

So, here we are, lets begin the discussion of GMO Corn/Maize. Is it safe? Do you want your kids eating it and its byproducts? Speak your mind.

Greenfoods

So how can we tell? Sweet corn is most lilkely GMO it seems. But what about corn that is not organic, but at the farmers market? Is it only sweet corn?

Genevieve

My concern lately has been how many items contain corn…GMO corn. I am in the middle of reading Michael Pollan’s The Omnivore’s Dilemma and I learned the following ingredients are are made from (derived from) corn: maltodextrin, crystalline fructose, lecithin, ascorbis acid, xantham gum, the list goes on.

Doublehead
    Keymaster

Out of those main GMO ingredients, there is something for every processed food.

I’ll say one thing: if any companies do have processed foods that are non-GMO, they would get a great response for labeling that fact.

Genevieve

I agree! It would have to be a benefit for those companies. More and more people and becoming aware and educated and some will then in turn will spend their dollars more wisely.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.